Friday, September 6, 2013

Food For Friday: Chicken Fajitas!

Even though Matt is the one who does most of the cooking
around here, doesn't mean I haven't liked to try.  I'm usually not too great at it, haha.  But Matt enjoys it and likes to make new things, so I've told him I'll eat whatever.

Over the summer, though, since I was home everyday, I had some chances to try to make dinner....and it was mostly in the crock pot, because you usually just can't go wrong when cooking in a crock pot.  Which I've learned is true!

Every time I made something, though, I was always worried that the meat wasn't really cooking or it would just come out tasting gross!  But, I've proved myself wrong and actually made a few good things!

Today, here's the recipe for the first crock pot recipe I tried, Chicken Fajitas!

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound of chicken breasts
  • 3 peppers {green, red, and yellow}, sliced
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 1 package of taco seasoning
  • Flour or corn tortillas
  • Toppings -- sour cream, cheese, etc.
Directions:

1. Slice peppers and onions, then place them on the bottom of the crock pot.


2. Put chicken on top of peppers and onions. 

3. Sprinkle taco seasoning on the top.  {I also added 1 cup of water.}
 

4. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 3-4. 

5. Shred everything up and mix in the juice!


We ended up cooking some rice, as well, and I ate mine like this, while Matt ate his as a burrito!


It was REALLY good, but I think next time, we're going to try either pork or steak instead of chicken!

If you try this, enjoy!


Happy Weekend!!

2 comments:

Nina Diane said...

I love cooking in the crock pot. I also make that same recipe a lot....so good!

Life Inside The Locket said...

I'm exactly the same with cooking! This recipe looks lovely :-)
http://lifeinsidethelocket.blogspot.co.uk