Friday, September 13, 2013

Food For Friday: Reese Cup Pie

Back in July, Matt and I had two of our friends from Longwood, Ashley & Zack, over for dinner.  Matt was going to be grilling steaks & veggies so I wanted to make dessert!

Naturally, I've come across MANY desserts on Pinterest, but I wanted something that would be relatively easy, taste good, and most everyone would like it! And, everyone did.....well, as far as I know! haha.

For me, I also needed something with easy directions.  This is coming from someone who messed up boxed macaroni and cheese.  Twice.  Luckily, the directions were dummy proof, and I successfully made a good, edible dessert!  {Notice, that I seem to always say that I made something "edible." haha.  I can always make things, but they may not always be edible or good! haha}

Even though it's a frozen dessert and might seem more summery, I
would definitely recommend it for anytime!

Ingredients:

  • 1 Keebler Chocolate Cookie Pie Crust
  • 1 large box of instant chocolate pudding
  • 1 1/2 cups of milk
  • 1 8 oz tub of Cool Whip
  • Reese's Peanut Butter Cups


Directions:

1.  In a large bowl {or in my case, pot...}, mix the pudding with the milk.


2.  Whisk in the Cool Whip.


3.  Unwrap the Peanut Butter Cups and chop them roughly.  There really isn't a certain amount to use...it's up to you.  And you could use the minis, but I found it cheaper to just buy the regular sized ones.

4.  Fold the chopped candy into the pudding mix.


5.  Pour all into the chocolate pie crust.


6.  Top with a few more chopped peanut butter cups.


Store it in the freezer, until about 15 minutes before serving.  Or, you could choose to eat an icy pie like we ended up doing, because it was just too tempting sitting on the counter "thawing" out!

No comments: