Thursday, January 19, 2012

Get lost in a book!

Initially, I was planning on having the winter break of my senior year off. For the first time since I started at Longwood, I wanted an actual BREAK. No classes, no work, nothing. Mainly because that would be the last time I would ever get a break like that! However, as the Fall Semester came to an end, my advisor and I came to the realization that that would not happen. Sadness. I went from looking forward to lots of relaxation, to suddenly having to take 2 classes over break!! Looking back now, it really wasn't that bad. I did a lot of time management with the classes and even got ahead. On Mondays, I would do as much of my physics work for the week as I possibly could, and on Tuesdays I would usually finish up! Management usually was completed over the weekend, but I didn't mind. The schedule worked for me!

Because of time management, I was able to do something over break that I LOVE but unfortunately haven't had the time to do much lately: I read. And not because it was required. I went to the library, checked out a few books that I wanted to read. And let me tell you, it was wonderful. Here are the selections I made over break:

The first one I read was Skipping Christmas by John Grisham.  I'll be honest, the only reason I chose this book is because it's the book that one of my most favorite movies, Christmas with the Kranks, is based off of!  It was kind of cool to see what parts of the book were left the same in the movie, and how the movie portrayed some scenes differently.


 The second book I read was In Your Room by Jordanna Fraiberg.  It's a book about two families who do a "house swap" over the summer, and it's told from both the boy & girl's perspective, as they're living in each others' rooms.  (Honestly, I don't think I could ever do a house swap.  It kind of weirds me out thinking of having somone else living in my room! 
Finally, is The Next Thing on My List by Jill Smolinski. I actually haven't even finished reading this book yet. I didn't finish it over break, like I planned, so I renewed it and brought it back to school with me! It's about a young woman who is completing a "20 Things to Do by My 25th Birthday" list. The catch? It's not her list.....you'll just have to read to find out ;)

Anyone have suggestions of other books to read?? Please share!

No comments: