Monday, January 30, 2012

Quote of the Week!

Seeing as this is my fourth and final semester as an RA, I think I've done my fair share of programming.  Last year, my big hit of programs was Midweek Games.  I did these every other week and my residents LOVED it.  There was always a wonderful turnout and I enjoyed having everyone sitting in the hallway right outside my room ready to play games such as Jeopardy or Bingo!

This year, it's definitely been a challenge with programming because my hall is kind of split into two, and there isn't a central lounge on our hall that we could use.  So, maybe my active programming hasn't been as great this time around!

When coming back for this semester, I came up with two new ideas for passive programming, but programming that will indeed keep me on my feet!

One is Residents of the Week!  I made a poster that I put outside my door that says "Residents of the Week" and each week three residents (randomly pre-selected before school started! :) are featured!  So far, everyone has loved it, an dI'm glad!

Secondly, I put up a Quote of the Week, and, good news, everyone has loved those too!!

So I thought that instead of only sharing my quotes of the week with my residents and other residents in the building (my room is literally right across from the front main door, so so many people walk by), I would share my quotes on my blog!  Every Monday, expect a new Quote of the Week!

Here's the first one for you!

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life."

-Steve Jobs

No comments: