Friday, January 11, 2013

Suggestions for Success

If you've read my blog in the past, you probably know that I love Pinterest.  Well, that might be an understatement. I could sit on Pinterest for hours on end. It's bad enough that I get on when I'm on the computer, but I also have it downloaded on my Kindle, and I have the app on my iPhone! So, I can literally take Pinterest with me everywhere, haha!

It's great to find craft ideas, recipes (sometimes...), decorating ideas, party ideas, outfit plans, pretty much anything!! It's so resourceful.  I remember starting out with just like the six standard boards, and I didn't even know you could create your own board at the time, ha.  Now, I have 46 boards!! Of course, I use some more than others, but I do regularly pin to all of them!

While going through different categories of pins one day, I decided to look at the Quotes section.  (Usually, I just like looking at the pictures, but I was up for a little reading, ha).  I came across this really great list: 21 Suggestions for Success.  So, I just thought I would share them with all of you....here they are!

1. Marry the right person.  This one decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.

2. Work at something you enjoy and that's worthy of your time and talent.

3. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.

4. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.

5. Be forgiving of yourself and others.

6. Be generous.

7. Have a grateful heart.

8. Persistence, persistence, persistence.

9. Discipline yourself to save money on even the most modest salary.

10. Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.

11. Commit yourself to constant improvement.

12. Commit yourself to quality.

13. Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power, prestige, but on relationships with people you love and respect.

14. Be loyal.

15. Be honest.

16. Be a self-starter.

17. Be decisive even if it means you'll sometimes be wrong.

18. Stop blaming others.  Take responsibility for every area of your life.

19. Be bold and courageous.  When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did.

20. Take good care of those you love.

21. Don't do anything that wouldn't make your mom proud.

-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

No comments: