Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Songs I Love {at the moment}

Today, I will actually put effort into the blog post!

One of the many things that Matt and I have in common is that we both love music. We might both love different types of music - which is 100% true!! - but, regardless, we both love music. (Granted, there are some of our music preferences that overlap SOME, so we can tolerate listening to each others' music!)

{Honestly, you should really see/hear us when we're riding in the same car together....it's always interesting to see what type of music we end up listening to!}

Since Santa brought me some new CDs I wanted for Christmas, I've basically been listening to them all on repeat! I love them!  That gave me the idea to share some songs that I love in a blog.  Some songs will be from the CDs I got, others will just be fun songs I wanted to share!


I LOVE the song "Some Nights" originally by Fun, but, I have to admit, the Glee version has won me over:


This song, ohhhh this song. I don't know what I love so much about it, but I get so excited every time I hear it coming on the radio! 
Here's Feel Again by OneRepublic


When I got the NOW 45 CD from Santa, I was super excited to find out that 50 Ways to Say Goodbye by Train was on it.  
The music in this song is so fun and when you hear/read what the lyrics are, it's actually hilarious.  
And this music video...when I saw it, it had me laughing so much!!


Santa also brought me the Mumford and Sons CD, and, not gonna lie, I wanted this whole CD just for one song, but the entire CD is great!!
Ever since I first hear I Will Wait on the radio, I knew I wanted the CD!


Okay, while this might be a new song or even a song that's regularly played these days, I have to share it anyway.  
The song I'm talking about is Baby. Yes, the Justin Bieber song. I'm only posting it because I heard it the other day on the radio (they still play it on the radio??) and an image just flashed into my mind they had me laughing so much! 
Every time I hear this song, I think about Greek Sync from Spring 2012 at Longwood, and how this was the song Phi Mu Delta (Matt's fraternity) did and how hilarious it was!!

If, for some reason, you want to listen to the actual song, here it is:


BUT, if you'd rather watch the video that always comes to my mind when I hear the song, check that out here: 


Now this song, ohhhh this song. I don't know how many of you know it, but the musical it's from is THE BOMB.
If you're a Harry Potter fan and have never watched A Very Potter Musical, YOU MUST GO WATCH IT NOW. Well, please finish reading this post first :) {Fun fact: Darren Criss from Glee stars as Harry!!}
Anyway, the first song, I Gotta Get Back to Hogwarts, gets stuck in my head sometimes and I can't ever get it out!
If you watch the video below (and I'm not asking you to watch all 2+ hours, unless you really want to!, but the song I'm talking about is the first one!
This song, along with the entire musical is totally awesome. Just go watch it. Now. You have my permission to leave my blog now :)



2 comments:

Nina Diane said...

we LOVE Mumford & Son. If you like them you should listen to Image dragons and The Lumineers..sooo good!!

Lori Carey said...

LOVE that Mumford & Sons song. It was actually a free MP3 download on Amazon last week (may still be available).

I also have a cheesey like for that song by FUN, but never saw the Glee version - I think I will thank you very much! I am NOT a fan of the Ways to say goodbye song...just annoyingly overplayed in Atlanta before we moved.