Tuesday, December 20, 2011

25 Days of Christmas: Day 17

I LOVE the beach!! Then again, I can't think of anyone who doesn't love the beach. Oh, wait, my sister doesn't like sand! haha. I think the last time we took a vacation to the beach was about three years ago; our lives are just all so busy and we're all running in 50 different directions, so there really isn't time. I was very excited that my cousin had her wedding at the beach this past summer, because I was able to enjoy all things related to the beach in one quick weekend!! When Abby, Mom, Dad, Matt, my cousins Gabby and Alison, Uncle Xel and Aunt Kandi all arrived on Friday night, we wasted no time getting our stuff to our rooms and walking straight to the beach. (And as Uncle Xel instructed: NO CELL PHONES!) :) So, in the dark, we all walked down to the beach, felt the sand between our toes, climbed onto the lifeguard stand and avoided sand crabs, haha. It was great! We also got a little bit of time on the beach after we set up for the reception and before we had to get ready to go, but get this. Guess who forgot to bring a BATHING SUIT to the beach? Yes, this girl. haha. However, it's fine, because the water was too cold for me, and I enjoyed taking pictures of everyone else in the water! Anyway, I picked this ornament up at The Christmas Mouse, probably on one of our beach trips, and I love it--a palm tree decorated for Christmas!! I always think it'd be fun to spend Christmas the beach, in Florida or something, but then again, I always hope for a White Christmas, and I don't think I'd have much luck there!

No comments: