Tuesday, December 20, 2011

25 Days of Christmas: Day 19

If you read any of my blog posts over the summer (I know I slacked some..), you might remember my internship. I worked in the Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab in Memorial Regional Hospital and met some of the most amazing people. The staff was remarkable and helped me with SO much and the patients, well, tha patients are what make the experience so worth it!! I built so many relationships this summer and I can't wait until I see them again. I had intended on going yesterday morning but I woke up with the worst headache!! During the last week of my internship, as I had been telling all of the patients I'd be leaving soon, they started bringing me and the other interns gifts! One lady has her own pie business and made us each 2 personal pies!! I got a giftbag of hand lotions, shower gels, etc., and LOTS OF FOOD!! I know you're not supposed to pick favorites, but one of my favorite patients, her husband works at Nabisco! Now, let me tell you, she hooked me up with some food to take to school!! I was so surprised when she handed me this big bag!! Quick side note: the day she brought me this bag, as she was leaving she was talking to the nurses and said something about her birthday being in August. I whipped my head around and said, "Woah! Mine too! When's your birthday??" Her response, "August 17." Me: "NO WAY! ME TOO!!" So, on my very last day of my internship, as she arrived for her session, she handed me another bag. She said, "here, this is your early birthday present this time!" I was so surprised (again), and she even got me a card and signed it, "{her name}, your birthday buddy!" This ornament, along with 3 others, have never hung on my tree before...until this year. Why, because they were in that bag she gave me. They're all fragile and I've guarded them with my life until it came time to hang them on the tree1 Now, I just have to be careful when packing them away til next year!

No comments: