Thursday, December 2, 2010

25 Days of Christmas: Day 2

Today is bittersweet.
-Day #2 of my 25 Days of Christmas: Favorite Christmas songs
-a funeral for one of my greatest friends
-blog post NUMBER 100.

This song had originally made my list in the first place, but due to recent events, it got bumped up to #2. I've always loved the Hawaiian Christmas song Mele Kalikimaka. I've even tried saying that to people instead of Merry Christmas, buuuut, there were too many syllables for it to just flow right out of my mouth. Like Step into Christmas, Mele Kalikimaka is just a fun song! There are several versions, but I really like the Jimmy Buffett version.

So why did this song suddenly jump up to the #2 ranking in my list? Well, that would have to do with the second listed reason of why today is bittersweet.

Casey always loved the beach. And surfing. He had told me how he wanted to go to Hawaii, maybe live there for a while, and become a pro surfer. We had some funny conversations about that; conversations that I can now never forget. Casey-even now, you're probably surfing through Heaven and God is scoring you with all 10s. And we couldn't be more proud of you.

As for the last reason of the day, I cannot believe this is my 100th blog post! So cool! I don't have enough time this morning to write 100 random facts about me/things that I like, but maybe I can get around to that later. Instead, here are some cool facts I quickly Googled (yes, a verb) about the number 100.

-A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
-A sneeze travels out your mouth at over 100 m.p.h.
-A car traveling 100 mph would take more than 29 million years to reach the nearest star.
-Scallops have approximately 100 eyes around the edge of its shell.
-The life expectancy of a $100 bill is nine years.

1 comment:

Nina Diane said...

ok first off....I'm not sure I can eat scallops again...haha, kidding!

100th post...woo hoo! You must put up your 100 random facts about you soon. I think I'm nearing 500 post, I need to check.

I am so, so sad about your friend Casey. It's heart breaking I know. so very hard to lose the people we love but with your deep faith, you know he's ok.
I love you Mallory...Aunt Diane