Saturday, December 4, 2010

25 Days of Christmas: Day 4

Let me just set up a little scene for you:

Where: Varina High School
When: Senior year; 3rd Block-Newspaper editing class
Who: Scott
What: Played one Christmas song on repeat for the entire class and annoyed our teacher more than ever!

And it was GREAT. haha. No, I've gotta love it, because Scott is the one who texted me last year saying, "I think you would enjoy the fact that I have a fireplace dvd in, Christmas cookie candle burning, Sirius Christmas music, and Christmas decor out in my room!" Does he know me or what? Of COURSE I would enjoy knowing that! He is one of the funniest friends I have and he can appreciate my obsessed love for Christmas. lol

So what song did he play over and over every. single. day. after Thanksgiving through Winter Break? None other than, The Christmas Shoes. Yes, I know that that can be a sad song, but it is also a really good song. The Christmas season can't go by without me hearing this song. It just can't!

And I love the end of the song:

I knew I'd caught a glimpse of heaven's love
As he thanked me and ran out
I knew that God had sent that little boy
To remind me just what Christmas is all about

Through all of the decorating, going out to eat, and buying presents, a lot of people do tend to forget what Christmas is all about. It's not about whose house has the most Christmas lights and inflatable blow ups, and not about how many presents you buy for every last person you know. It's the season of giving, and loving.

No comments: