Tuesday, December 7, 2010

25 Days of Christmas: Day 7

I was at a loss as to which song was going to be #7 on the list. However, that changed when I saw what movie came on tonight for ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas.

In last year's 25 Days of Christmas, for Day 14's post I wrote about some of my favorite Christmas movies. One of them is The Santa Clause movie. Well, all of the Santa Clause movies, for that matter. Another favorite Christmas movie is Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (but I didn't write about that in that post.).

Whenever I hear the song "(I'm Dreaming of a) White Christmas" by The Drifters (yes, THAT verison!) I always thinking of the opening scenes to The Santa Clause, where Scott Calvin is cooking a Christmas Eve dinner and ends up burning the turkey. [And then he and Charlie go to Denny's for dinner, their waitress's name is Judy, they're out of egg nog and chocolate milk, and Charlie pitifully says, "plain milks fine....") Anyway. And whenever I'm with my family and I say that, Dad says it reminds him of Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, where Kevin McCallister lip sings to the song.

So, the #7 song for this year's 25 Days of Christmas is "(I'm Dreaming of a) White Christmas."
And if you might have been wondering, I really could have gone on dictating every last thing that happens in the Santa Clause, but we'll save that for another post! ha! Kidding :)

*edited to add: I guess I really never mentioned that Home Alone 2 was on when I wrote this.....haha. Just in case you don't check everyday to see what's coming on on ABC Family :)

No comments: