Monday, December 6, 2010

25 Days of Christmas: Day 6

It is ridiculously cold outside. Absolutely ridiculously COLD. I drove home for Thanksgiving break wearing jeans, a tshirt and flipflops. Exactly 2 weeks later, I am bundling up more than ever it seems!! I expected the weather to get cooler, but not so quickly! It's crazy even trying to open the doors to leave the building because on top of the low temperatures, the wind is blowing all over the place! And the wind makes it THAT much colder!! Not. A. Fan. I wouldn't be complaining AS much if there were a few inches of snow on the ground :)

It would only seem appropriate that today's #6 Favorite Christmas Song is Frosty the Snowman! In fact, when I was on duty at the desk tonight, one of my residents walked in from her last exam and I told her she looked like Frosty. All bundled up and just the facial expression of, "oh-my-goodness-could-it-BE-anymore-colder?!"

Needless to say, I have been spending as much time as I can in Curry and not leaving the building unless I absolutely have to! I'm usually always cold anyway, so going out in 30-40 degree weather does not seem ideal to me.

P.S. The temperature in Farmville is currently 32 degrees. Freezing.
P.P.S. I mean Farmville the town; not the Facebook game.

No comments: