Friday, August 2, 2013

Our Wedding: Our Vows

Throughout the whole entire wedding process there were millions of decisions that had to be made and countless things to get stressed over.  Obviously.

But there was one thing I didn't think would be as difficult as it was: writing our vows.  When it came down to it, I almost dreaded it because I wanted the words to be just perfect.  Matt and I worked together to complete our vows.  We took different things we each found online, worked them together, and even reworded some things to make them fit us better.  When I look at them now, I think, "were our vows really that long? It didn't feel like they were when we said them!" haha.

I do remember being up there in front of everyone saying our vows, though.  One, I remember it because I hated being in front of so many people with all of them staring at us. haha.  Two, I remember just
trying to get through it without laughing.  Matt and I can never be serious with each other, so trying to get through something like this was almost a challenge.  Although, there were a few smiles and chuckles shared, and maybe a hand squeeze or two.

Here are the words we said to each other during our wedding:

I, Matt/Mallory, take you Mallory/Matt, to be my best friend, my faithful partner, my wife/husband & my one true love.  Before God, our family and our friends, I vow to love and cherish you through whatever life may bring us.  I promise to encourage you and inspire you and to love you truly through good times and bad.  I will forever be there to laugh with you, to lift you up when you are down, and to love you unconditionally through all of our adventures in life together.  I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live.


While we were going with a more "modern" wedding with some traditional aspects, I still didn't want to say the usual, "With this ring, I thee wed."  No offense, it's just a bit too old school for me.  And I kind of don't like the word "thee."

So, we searched for something else and collected more words to put together for what we'd say as we exchanged rings during the ceremony:

With this ring, I give you my heart.  I promise from this day forward you shall not walk alone.  May my heart be your shelter, and my arms be your home.

Here you go, Matt...I included this picture just for you ;)


Happy Friday! Have a great weekend!

No comments: