Wednesday, December 10, 2014

25 Days of Christmas: Day 10

Today, Mom and I drove out to Farmville to see Abby and the Christmas tree that's put up every year in Ruffner.  Every year, Longwood puts up pretty much the same decorations, but they look more beautiful each time you go see it!

When I was a student at Longwood, one of my favorite things that I looked forward to at the end of fall semester was the Tree Lighting in Ruffner.  Abby actually sent us a video this year of the countdown and the lights coming on...still beautiful to watch on the phone!!

Not only was Longwood decorated for the holidays, but Farmville was too: the street lights were wrapped in garland and lights, there were a couple light up trees...it was all so festive!

If you ever get the chance to do so, I would definitely recommend riding out to Longwood at Christmas to see the tree! So pretty!

Before going to see the decorations, we went to dinner at The Fishin' Pig.


And we did a little coloring..
 (Abby's drawing of Chesnut is in the top left.)


I really should've found out who was in that ONE ROOM and ask them to turn their light out for a second, haha. The OCD in me is really hating that part of this picture!!


This tree goes up all through Ruffner--all three stories!


Haha, I'm really not sure what she was doing here....but I love this picture. haha


Abs and Joanie


Even though this is the last year that one of us will be a student at Longwood during Christmas time, I'm sure it won't be the last time we go to see the tree and decorations!

No comments: