Friday, December 12, 2014

25 Days of Christmas: Day 12

How many of you have tried a recipe you found on Pinterest......that may or may not have turned out right?

How many of you also can't make a batch of cookies without taking a bite of the cookie dough first?

If you "raised your hand" to these questions, this post is for you!

I've tried several recipes that I've found on Pinterest.....most haven't turned out exactly like the picture shown or how it should've probably tasted to begin with.  Luckily, this one was a recipe for the win!

Whenever Mom makes her chocolate chip cookies, I can't walk through the kitchen without sticking my hand in the bowl and grabbing some of that cookie dough before it all hits the oven! It never fails! haha.

Luckily, there's a solution to all this!  I found this recipe for Christmas Cookie Dough Bites, and I knew I had to try them!  What I didn't think would happen is that making these cookie dough bites would teach me patience.  How?  Well, as I was mixing up the dough in a couple of the steps, it wasn't looking "light and fluffy" AT ALL.  I knew then I MUST have messed up.  What else is new?  Thankfully, I didn't give up, and kept on working, and what do you know?  I had light and fluffy dough.  haha.

You definitely should try these Christmas Cookie Dough Bites--they're an easy sweet treat that you can whip up in no time!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 2 tbsp milk or cream (I used milk.)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips (I just used regular sized chips.)
  • 1/2 cup Christmas M&Ms (I only used 1/4 cup.)

Directions:
1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, for 2-3 minutes.

2. Mix in the milk and vanilla.

3. Stir in flour and salt and mix on low speed until incorporated.

4. Stir in chocolate chips and M&Ms.

5. Chill in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.

6. Roll into small balls. If desired, add more M&Ms to the outside of the cookie dough bites.

No comments: