Monday, December 1, 2014

25 Days of Christmas: Day 1

It's that time of year again! I can hardly believe it!! It feels like I was just making 25 different Christmas cookies and different treats last year, and now it's time for a new round of my 25 days of Christmas!!

It took me a lonnnnnng time trying to figure out what I was going to do for this year's 25 days.  I've done my 25 favorite Christmas songs (2010), 25 favorite Christmas ornaments (2011), 25 favorite Christmas movies (2012), and, of course, 25 Christmas cookies/treats (2013).

For this year, I thought about my very first 25 Days of Christmas posts in 2009.  Each day, I just shared something Christmasy I did each day leading up to Christmas.  I thought about last year's 25 posts and how much of a challenge it was to keep up with all of the baking! Don't get me wrong, I loved doing it (as did everyone who got to enjoy the snacks I made!), but some days, I just didn't feel like making something, I was running out of hours in the day, and quite frankly, it started taking the fun out of the spirit of what I wanted the posts to be.  In addition to that, I was also working a seasonal job, in addition to working at Varina, which took up my weekends, so I was rarely home and felt like I could've spent more time at home doing and enjoying more Christmasy things.  Therefore, I'm kind of going to "repeat" on the 2009 series, and each day this time around, I'll share something Christmas related that I've done!  I think this one will be a lot different though, because a lot of the posts in 2009 were things that I was doing at Longwood for Christmas. Unfortunately, haven't been doing much of that lately. :( Plus, hopefully no one will get bored of reading about movies or songs or cookies everyday! haha.

So, enough rambling, time for the first post, right???

If you didn't know, I play in the Bell Choir at church. I really enjoy it....especially at Christmas!! We've been working on Christmas songs for several weeks now, and it has been getting me very excited for Christmas.  Tonight, we had bell practice and organized our music for when we play all of our Christmas music at church!  If you're not doing anything, definitely come to Fort Lee Baptist Church on December 21st at 10:30am to hear all of our great songs we have been working on!! There are some fun songs!! It's going to be great!


See you tomorrow for another fun Christmasy post! :)

No comments: