You know I couldn't let that pass by without doing something for little Maple! Conveniently, her half-"gotcha"-day was yesterday, so we wrapped that all into one special treat for tonight ;)
I found this recipe for homemade dog treats with Maple Syrup in them online, and couldn't wait to make them for Maple. While making them, I did get concerned that she wouldn't even like them after all the time spent making them, but she did, so...success!
They're very easy to make. A little messy, but very easy.
And here ya go...Maple's Christmas cookies for National Maple Syrup Day and her half-"gotcha"-day!! We love you Maple!
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp of ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 2 Omega-3 eggs
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1. Preheat the over to 300 degrees.
2. Combine flour, flaxseed and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
3. Whisk together the peanut butter, eggs and maple syrup until smooth. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4-inch thickness.
Y'all remember our "rolling pin" right? haha
5. Cut cookies with cookie cutters and place onto a large cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
Cookies can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container. They can also be frozen and saved for later.
I'll take that gingerbread man please.
He didn't stand a chance..