Wednesday, December 3, 2014

25 Days of Christmas: Day 3

Something I really love about this time of year is all of the Christmas specials you can find on TV. It seems like you can pretty much find some kind of Christmas show or movie on at least half the channels...or maybe it just seems that way to me!

One of my favorite things I always make sure to watch is the Christmas Tree Lighting in Rockefeller Center! I LOVE New York! I went twice in high school and I loved everything about it...especially when we got to go to NBC Studios and Rockefeller Center. I just hope that one day I'll actually be able to go around Christmas to see all of the lights, the decorations, and of course this infamous tree!

I really enjoyed several of the performances: Idina Menzel was great, but let's be honest, we ALL wanted her to sing Let it Go rather than Holly Jolly Christmas; Pentatonix was awesome!! I was sent a video on Facebook of them performing Mary, Did You Know? and loved that song, so I was excited to see what they'd perform tonight; and of course I loved The Rockettes!  Then, on the other hand....Cyndi Lauper...I'm sorry, but, what was she wearing?; Lady Gaga should've let Tony Bennett perform by himself; and I have mixed feelings about LeAnn Rimes' version of I Want a Hippopatamus for Christmas.

When this hour of festivities ended, we were very excited to see that the SNL Christmas special compilation was coming on!! We've seen it several times, and everything is always just as funny each time you watch it!! Here are a couple of my favorite SNL Christmas clips!



Enjoy the rest of the evening full of Christmas specials!!!
(The Polar Express is on ABC Family if you want something else to watch!)

No comments: