Wednesday, December 24, 2014

25 Days of Christmas: Day 24

Merry Christmas Eve!

I cannot believe that it is Christmas Eve and the next to last post of my 25 days of Christmas! I feel like December has flown by!

Today was a long day...just wrapping up a lot of unfinished things--pun intended--, and normal Christmas Eve day activities!

Even though we've done our usual Christmas traditions, and Santa Paws has already stopped by our house, it still doesn't feel like Christmas to me for some reason!! Time to light more of those Christmas candles to get in the spirit, right Matt?? ;)

There's only but so much rambling I can do right now, so let's just move on to the pictures that tell the day ;)




When I brought my Christmas blanket out this morning, I threw it up on the couch and Maple started sniffing it for a minute.  Then, she laid her head up on the sofa, knowing it was a new soft blanket, so she was just testing it out.  I finally said to her, "It's okay, Maple, you can get on that blanket," and she snuggled on it all day long! She knows it's Christmas and she knows Santa Paws is coming tonight!!! :)


We tried taking a little nap..

 Every year, we always go to church for the Christmas Eve Candlelight service.


Abby, Brandy and I take a picture in front of the tree just about every year :)

Also, I had both grandmas with me tonight, as I pulled out some of their old Christmas jewelry I had chosen.
The reindeer was Ganny's and the present was Memaw's.


After Christmas Eve service, we went over to Papa's / Aunt Vickie's and Scott's house for something to eat!  We had a great spread of snacks--thanks, Vickie!!! :) :)  We also had a good ol' time sitting around talking.  I wish I took some pictures, though!

When we left there, we headed home to pick up Maple and some Christmas gifts!  We went to Matt's parent's house to exchange gifts with them, and Matt's brother and his girlfriend.  And, of course, exchanged gifts with Maple, Autumn and Summer :)

 Someone found a chew bone!


Maple loves playing with Summer!  They move so quickly it was hard to get a good picture that wasn't blurry!

Free belly rubs!!

Autumn opening her gift from Maple.

I think she likes it!!! :)

No comments: