Thursday, December 11, 2014

25 Days of Christmas: Day 11

This evening was the Varina High School Annual Winter Concert for the Strings Orchestra, Choir, and Concert Band.  Dad and I went, and I'm so glad I was able to attend this year!  All of the students performed so well! I was very impressed!

Several of my Student Advisory students and Office Aides, along with other students I know well, were involved in tonight's show, so it's nice to see familiar faces up on stage!

A wide variety of Christmas and winter songs were performed, and I pretty much like any Christmas song, so it was great for me.  But, I will say, I was looking especially forward to hearing the Strings Orchestra play "Let it Go" and the band to play "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?"  I mean, wouldn't you? haha.

This was definitely a good show to get anyone in the Christmas spirit.  Once you hear any song from A Charlie Brown Christmas, such as "Christmastime is Here," sung by the choir, you can't help but feel Christmas around you!


The Strings Orchestra
 

The Choir
 

The Concert Band
 

Mr. Moseley's daughter made a special appearance in the show.  She sang along with the band while they performed "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" It was THE CUTEST thing ever!  If you've seen Frozen, just imagine young Anna singing...it was adorable!
 

The final song included audience participation.  The Band and Strings Orchestra played, the Choir sang "Peace Peace Peace" and the audience sand "Silent Night" all at the same time.  It was pretty neat!
 

Loved the winter decorations they had on the stage!
 

Horns Up! to all who performed tonight and those who were a part of making tonight so wonderful!

No comments: