Tuesday, December 9, 2014

25 Days of Christmas: Day 9

I am very excited about tonight's post!

When I first saw this idea on Pinterest over a year ago, I knew this was going to be something I had to do eventually. You see, I'm a very sentimental person, and I like to keep a lot of things. (BUT, I am getting a lot better about this....just believe me on that one.) I love to keep cards that I've received and I have just tons of cards! I have had our stack of Christmas cards we received last year sitting in a pile upstairs since last Christmas, waiting for me to actually do something with them.  Then, when I started brainstorming ideas for these 25 posts this Christmas, it was a perfect opportunity to actually follow through!

These card books are so perfect for keeping your cards nice and organized, and also displayed out for Christmas!  This craft doesn't take very long to do--I did it in about 20 minutes or so before bed tonight. haha.

The supplies you need are:
  • Christmas color/patterened cardstock or scrapbook paper
  • Letter and number stickers
  • Double sided tape
  • Binder Rings
  • Three hole punch
  • Your cards!
First, I made the cover for my book. I couldn't figure out how big I wanted to do it (I think the original website has it as a 5x7.).  I asked Matt his opinion and, as always, he comes to the best conclusion, and, it was the easiest thing to do.  I found our biggest card in the pile--this would be our last card.  I measured that, which ended up being 8x4.5 and that was the size I used for my cover.

After making the cover, I started hole punching away! It was fairly easy to punch through all of the cards, and to eye-ball whether or not they were centered over two of the punches.  I tried to not let my OCDness get the best of me on this part!  It doesn't need to be perfect!


Once all of the cards are punched, start putting them on the binder clips.  I used another suggestion from the original site and used one of our Christmas cards we sent out as the first card in the book, following the cover of course.  So, the first card is us wishing everyone warm wishes with pictures of us in Jamaica! haha.


Voila! I was very happy with how the cover turned out!  The candy-cane striped background was Matt's idea, so I will of course give him the credit on making it look even better!


Now, time for me to start working on our Bridal Shower and Wedding Cards! I've been wanting to do a book of those for quite a while now, so now that I'm in the swing of it, I think I'll try to get to it soon. Maybe over Winter Break??

No comments: