Tuesday, December 18, 2012

25 Days of Christmas: Day 18

This might be the strangest post of these 25 Days of Christmas. Why? Because I have NO idea what the name of the movie is!

Growing up, we always watched Christmas movies that had all been recorded onto a VHS tape.  The tape included Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, A Charlie Brown Christmas, 'Twas the Night Before Christmas (the mouse/clock tower version) and then the movie for today's post.  I guess somehow this movie got recorded over, because one time, years ago, I actually looked through the whole tape trying to find the movie. Gone. Oh well.

Anyway, the plot (that I can remember..) of the movie is that Santa never gets any letters from children.  He tells all the elves that no one believes in Christmas anymore.  One of the elves tries to solve the mystery and figure out why no one is sending Santa any letters.  But, what happens is, this elf ends up in a huuuuuge mailbox.  And I can actually see this mailbox in my mind right now.  When the door to the mailbox opens, at first it looks like a normal mailbox, but really, there's a long ramp that all of the letters end up sliding down.  At the bottom of the ramp lives an evil witch, who has stolen all of the children's letters to Santa and is trying to ruin Christmas! (How dare she...)

Now, believe you me.  I have Google searched for this movie many times.  Some links that actually do have other people's responses, and those people are either crazy like me or actually remember this movie.  And, they either don't know the name of the movie, or one link said it was called, "The Little Elf Who Saved Christmas."  However, when I search that movie, I don't have much luck! 

Do any of you remember this movie???

So, no pictures or videos today, because, well, I can't get them. haha. I hope you'll come back tomorrow to hear about a movie that I DO know the title of!

1 comment:

Nina Diane said...

doesn't sound familiar to me....