Sunday, December 23, 2012

25 Days of Christmas: Day 23

Today has to be one of the GOOFIEST posts!

When we were little, we used to always check out the SAME Christmas movie from the library every year. We didn't like to branch out--we knew what we liked, so why get something different? Years went by and the tradition seemed to end, until Abby's birthday one year.  I found the DVD of the movie (which was exciting, because we'd only watched it on VHS, haha!) on Amazon and was so excited to give it to her.  So, wait for it, on Abby's 16th birthday, I gave her a movie made for kids ages 1-8! (Yep, I'm that nice.) The best part? She died laughing and loved it, of course!!

Abby and I quote this Wee Sing Best Christmas Ever movie year-round, more recently at volleyball--(oops, too far; oops, too far). Haha!! And, we still try to make time at least once every Christmas to watch it together, and we quote the entire movie.  All 56 minutes of it!

I Googled the movie to see if I could find any fun facts or anything about the movie, but I did find the various themes that are portrayed in the movie. (I tend to forget this movie really IS for kids and should have a bunch of important messages.)  Those themes include.....cultural diversity, helping others, the importance of working together, the importance of wearing a seatbelt and helmet......you know, all those things you've gotta teach kids! ha.


Are there any Christmas movies/specials you and your family watch as a tradition? Leave a comment, and let me know!

No comments: