Wednesday, December 5, 2012

25 Days of Christmas: Day 5

This is BY FAR my favorite Christmas movie.  I watch this movie so, so often and I honestly never get tired of it.  There are many nights when I don't like what's on TV so I pop in the DVD (of course, 8 times out of 10, it's already in there) to listen to as I fall asleep.  Sidenote: I have to have the TV on to fall asleep.

Anyway, I just think it's a hilarious and great Christmas movie.  I don't know, maybe I can't get enough of Tim Allen in Christmas movies, seeing as 4 of the movies I'm using for my 25 Days of Christmas he stars in, haha (was that an unexpected hint? ha, oh well).  We went to see Christmas with the Kranks when it came out in theaters, even though all of the movie reviews were negative.  I would love to meet those critics because if I remember correctly, everyone in the theater laughed for most of the movie... oh well, what do those critics know? It's a wonderful movie!

Last year, I also read the book Skipping Christmas and the only reason I did so was because it's the book that Christmas with the Kranks is based off of.  I was curious to see how it compared to the movie, what parts were changed or different, what parts were left completely out, etc.  For the most part, it was pretty identical, but there were a couple things that were different.  Regardless, I enjoy both tremendously!


No comments: