Sunday, December 16, 2012

25 Days of Christmas: Day 16

Today I'm going to talk about two movies. (Wait, what?!) Yeah, that's right, though.  I'm pretty sure there are way more versions of this movie that I could talk about, but today I will talk about two versions of A Christmas Carol that I've watched this season.  The first time I can actually remembering seeing A Christmas Carol, was when one of my high school teachers and advisors, Ms. Dick, invited Abby, Matt and me, along with a few other friends, to go see the Christian Youth Theater (CYT) Production of A Christmas Carol. A sweet friend of ours from school, Samantha, was in the performance so we really wanted to see her!  Ever since then, every time I see or hear about A Christmas Carol, my mind always goes straight back to that performance!! (P.S. If you've never been, you NEED to go to a CYT production.  I've been to several shows since then, and they are just incredible!!)  Okay, so for today's movies! :

First, there's Disney's A Christmas Carol.  Maybe it's just me, but I find this movie to be a little bit creepy. I DO think it's cool how Jim Carrey is the voice of so many characters (much like Tom Hanks in The Polar Express!) When this movie came out in theaters, it also came out in 3D.  I think some of the graphics would've been awesome to see in 3D, but like I said before...the movie is a little creepy and, at the same time, I think it actually would've been a bit much in 3D.


Second, the good 'ol Muppet's Christmas Carol! I think it's funny how the Muppets and real (not stuffed..) characters are in the movie.  I mean, you've gotta love Gonzo, Kermit and Miss Piggy, but again, it's always nice to see people like Michael Caine, who I reference to Miss Congeniality or Bewitched, but I also just discovered he's a voice in Cars 2!  Plus, you've gotta love Mr. Fozziewig's (Fezziwig's) ball in the movie! ;) (And this is one of my favorite parts from the CYT production of A Christmas Carol!)


"God bless us, Everyone!"

No comments: