Sunday, December 2, 2012

25 Days of Christmas: Day 2

If you haven't ever seen this, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? This is really a classic Christmas movie and you must watch it! This is THE Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer movie.  The original 1964 version, not any of the newer versions that, quite frankly, just aren't as enjoyable to me.

I used to think that the claymation was weird, and Yuuuuuukonnnnnnnnn used to get on my nerves, but now, I think it's pretty cute to watch.  And Yukon still gets on my nerves. haha. Some things never change!  And Hermey the Elf reminds us all that we don't have to be what everyone wants us to be. :)

While putting together today's post, I found some pretty cool facts about the Rudolph movie...maybe you already knew some of them, maybe not....look and see:

Did you know...

..the puppets for the characters of Rudolph were made from wood, wire, and fabric?


..Charlie-in-the-box is the only misfit toy with a name? Yeah, these guys don't have names:


..Yukon Cornelius's sled dogs include a Cocker Spaniel, a Poodle, a Saint Bernard, a Collie, and a Dachshund?


..Hermey is the only elf without pointed ears, and he's also the only male elf with hair on top of his head?


And, here's one of my favorite songs from Rudolph (it starts around (0:44):



But I sure do love this version of it, too! :)


No comments: