Wednesday, December 19, 2012

25 Days of Christmas: Day 19

Alrighty! Time for Matt's favorite Christmas movie!  Another wonderful movie, duh! I remember being so excited when this movie came out.  While it's pretty much the same as the original cartoon Grinch show that comes on, I also love the parts added in to How The Grinch Stole Christmas, like Cindy Lou Who running into the Grinch in the back room at the Post Office and getting all wrapped up.  The Holiday Cheermeister is also a fun part added into the movie to go further into the relationship between the Grinch and the Whos. Hope I didn't just ruin parts for you if you haven't seen the movie yet, haha!  And Jim Carrey does a faaaaaaaabulouuuuuus* job playing The Grinch and I can't picture anyone else playing the part.



In the movie, Cindy Lou Who realizes that all of the other Whos are so wrapped up in the "Hallmark version" of Christmas, and feels like everyone has forgotten the real meaning of the season.  I love the song that she sings, Where Are You Christmas?, so today I'm sharing that clip with you all.  Enjoy!




And, if you want to hear the story of The Grinch, and hear the song, "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch," here's a version I rather enjoy! :)


*Watch the movie for this reference ;)


**Note to anyone who read yesterday's post and cares: I have since learned what that movie is actually called!!! After more extensive Googling, it is called The Elf Who Saved Christmas and it came out in 1992.  My next mission is to find it online.....so far, not very successful!**

No comments: