Tuesday, December 17, 2013

25 Days of Christmas: Day 12

I've always wanted to try a recipe for Buckeyes, and when I found this one, I saved it so I could try it for Christmas. 

Now that I've tried it, I can honestly say I will probably never ever make them again in my life, at least voluntarily.  To me, they were the most annoying thing to make! ha. It's not even that the recipe is hard.  It's just that the process is a little bit time consuming, and then the dipping part made me too impatient!

However, if you'd like to try this recipe yourself, here's what you're going to need!


Ingredients:
  • 1 16-oz jar of peanut butter
  • 7/8 of a 16-oz package of confectioners' sugar
  • 1/4 cup of butter, melted
  • 3/4 of a 12-oz package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons of shortening
Directions:

1. Blend together the peanut butter, sugar and melted butter.  Allow to chill in the fridge.


After my attempt at stirring at, I asked Matt to stir it a little bit before he had to leave, and then I mixed the rest with my hands, giving me this final result:


2. Roll into 1 inch round balls and return to refrigerator.


3. Melt the chocolate and shortening, mixing together until smooth.


4. Now, the directions say to use a toothpick to insert each peanut butter ball into the chocolate so that they'll look like buckeyes, but all of mine kept falling into the chocolate, so I just decided to hand-dip all of ours, and only dip them halfway. They don't look like Buckeyes, but they do still taste like them!


5. Once you dip them, place on waxed paper and allow them to set in the refrigerator.

 

No comments: