Tuesday, December 24, 2013

25 Days of Christmas: Day 20

I knew that I wanted to include just a plain sugar cookie for this year's countdown.

A couple of years ago, I bought a pack of 3 Christmas tree shaped cookie cutters and have never used them until now! I thought about making green sugar cookie dough, but wasn't 100% sold on it. Plain sugar cookies it is!

According to this recipe I found online, it's apparently the best sugar cookie recipe out there. Personally, I don't see what's so special about it, but it's still good. haha.

Enjoy!

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt

Directions:

1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.


2. Beat in eggs and vanilla.


3. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt.


4. Cover and chill dough for at least one hour, or overnight.


5. Roll out dough onto floured surface to about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.  Cut into shapes with cookie cutters.


6. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 6 to 8 minutes at 400 degrees. 


I intended on putting sprinkles on some before baking them, but was working so fast that I forgot about that step!
 

aannnnndddd, don't do like I do and check on them when the timer goes off, decide they probably need about another minute or two to bake, and then maybe four minutes later realize you never took them out!! oops! oh well!
 
 

No comments: