Sunday, December 8, 2013

25 Days of Christmas: Day 6

I know I've been a little MIA since Thursday, but don't you worry, I still have plenty of yummy recipes to share with you!

Friday, I was making a Christmas treat to share with you all which didn't quite turn out as planned, and we didn't have many baking ingredients left, so I decided Saturday I'd make two things.

Come Saturday afternoon after I had gotten home from work, I decided to head over to Martin's, not even thinking about the TONS of people that were already there trying to stock up for this ice/snow/precipitation storm we're currently having.  I walked in Martin's, saw that the lines were backed up down the aisles, turned around and walked right back out the store! No WAY was I going to even try
getting up and down those aisles, even for just a few ingredients! Even the self-checkout lines were ridiculous!

So, yes, I'll be playing catch up for a couple of days, but I'll get back to a normal schedule eventually!  Here's one of my family's FAVORITE Christmas goodies to make! They NEVER last long enough to take off the cookie tray and put in a nice Christmas container! haha

Mom came up with this idea for Abby and me to help her make treats to give our family friends for Christmas, and they're super simple to make and really yummy to enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • Pretzel wheels {we actually used pretzel squares}
  • package of Hershey Kisses
  • M&Ms
There really aren't any exact numbers for any of the ingredients...just depends on how many you plan to make! {I recommend making more, of course.}

Directions:

1. Place the pretzels on a greased baking sheet.


2. Place a chocolate kiss in the center of each pretzel.

3. Bake at 275 degrees for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the chocolate is softened. You'll know when it's ready when you can press a M&M down.


4. Remove from the oven and place a M&M on each kiss, pressing down until it fills the pretzel. A big "thank you" to Matt for helping me put all the M&Ms on :)


5. Refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes or until chocolate is firm.  Store at room temperature.  Well, the recipe says to store at room temperature, but I like I said, ours rarely make it to a container.  Plus, they taste much better straight from the fridge!

No comments: