Friday, December 20, 2013

25 Days of Christmas: Day 15

Rice Krispies Treats always make me think of when I was in the youth at church.  When Ambra was our teacher, she would always bring some kind of food for us to have for breakfast, whether it was her yummy hot rolls, cookies, brownies, or Rice Krispie Treats......all always homemade of course!

I found this recipe for Rice Krispie Treats with a Christmasy twist to them, and they looked fun so I wanted to try them. Luckily, I attempted this one while Matt was home because I definitely needed the two extra hands to help me out!

They didn't turn out as sticky and messy as you would think, but they have the same taste and gooey texture once you bite into them!

Ingredients:
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 6 cups of mini marshmallows
  • 13 ounce box of Rice Krispie cereal
  • 30-40 Candy Cane Hershey's Kisses, unwrapped {I used 30, and I'm not sure why they have to specify to unwrap them...}
  • 1/4 cup of crushed candy canes
Directions:

1. Place foil in a 9x 13 baking dish and spray generously with cooking spray.

 
2. Place butter into a large microwavable safe bowl and cook until melted.


3. Stir in marshmallows to coat in butter. Cook in microwave until marshmallows are puffed and melty. {Maybe I could have left mine in a little bit longer to make them more sticky? Who knows!}


4. Remove from microwave and quickly stir in cereal, mixing to combine.  Then sti int the kisses and crushed candy cane pieces.  Stir quickly then transfer into the baking dish.  Let sit for at least 30 minutes before cutting.  I don't have any pictures from this process because it literally happened SO fast, and I had Matt helping me too, thank goodness!!

No comments: