Tuesday, December 24, 2013

25 Days of Christmas: Day 23

When I first saw these Grinch Crinkle Cookies I knew I just HAD to make them!

I mean, come on, they're not only festive cookies with a fun name, but they're actually GREEN. haha, I love it!

They are similar to the Brownie Crackles that I shared on the very first post of this year's 25 Days of Christmas.

While making these, I actually changed the name to Matt Cookies, since Matt seems to be a Grinch to my love of all things Christmas! haha. When I told him the original name of the cookies, he even said they should be called Matt Cookies, as well!

Ingredients:
  • 6 tablespoons of butter
  • 1 cup of powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of corn starch
  • 1 box of French Vanilla Cake Mix
  • 2 eggs
  • green food coloring

Directions:

1. Melt the butter and set aside to cool.


2. In a shallow dish, mix together the powdered sugar and corn starch.


3. In a large bowl, mix together the cooled butter, cake mix and eggs. This will be a little hard to stir together.


4. Add the green food coloring and make sure it's all mixed in. The recipe said to use 60 drops of food coloring, but I only used 40. It's really up to you. I was happy with the shade of green I got.


5. Take two spoons and drop a blob of dough in the powdered sugar mixture. Move it around until it is covered in sugar.  then, place in on a parchment paper or waxed paper lined baking sheet.


6. Bake at 375 degrees for 9 minutes.  They may not look done, but they are. Cool on the pan for one minute, then move to a cooling rack.

No comments: