It was a great afternoon of fun, and also catching up! Even though I see or talk to Ms. Dick and Ms. Null a few times throughout the week, it's all school related things we discuss, and they rarely get to see Matt anymore, so it was just like old times!
Hope you enjoy this recipe called Grandma's Lemon Cut-Out Cookies,
and like the decorating we all did on the cookies!
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of shortening
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 2 tsp of lemon extract
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 4 cup of flour
1. Cream sugar and shortening.
2. Add sour cream, eggs, vanilla, and lemon.
3. Combine dry ingredients and stir into mixture. Beat well.
4. Chill dough overnight.
5. Roll out to 1/8" thickness.
6. Cut with cookie cutters and bake at 350 degrees until light brown around the edges.
Rolling out the dough..
It was SO nice having the big oven down in the kitchen/classrooms to use!
...It was also tacky sweater day at work...haha...
Ms. Dick showing us all of her ideas for each of the cut-out designs:
This was one my favorite trees I did..lol.
But none of ours could top Ms. Dick's creativity!
Candles that Ms. Null decorated:
Matt adding some final touches to the teddy bears!