Wednesday, December 11, 2013

25 Days of Christmas: Day 8

When I came across this recipe, it was called a Chow Mein Noodle Cookie, but I've also seen these treats called "Haystacks" before.

Just a sidenote: I wasn't able to go to the grocery store when Matt bought the things I needed for this week's baking, so you can imagine his reaction later that evening when he asked me, "I could understand the butterscotch and the peanuts, but what in the world do you need chow mein noodles for?!" haha!

These are super simple {you see, that's a common theme here, haha} and yummy!


Ingredients:
  • 3 cups of butterscotch chips
  • 5 ounces of chow mein noodles
  • 1 cup of peanuts
Directions:

1. In a medium saucepan, melt butterscotch chips over low heat, stirring constantly.


2. Stir in chow mein noodles and peanuts.


3. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto foil. Let stand until cool.  Really, you can make them however big or small you want to! And, I prefer to eat them after they've set in the fridge for a little while! 


1 comment:

Nina Diane said...

I make these every year. I think the kids would be mad if I ever stopped making them :)