Sunday, December 8, 2013

25 Days of Christmas: Day 7

So, I have another cookie recipe for you! These Ginger Cookies are so good! I love Ginger Snaps, so I knew I should try these.

I actually found this recipe in a cookbook at my Memaw and Papa's house years ago, and it's a great recipe.

HOWEVER, I must warn you, do not, I repeat, DO NOT, follow these ingredient measurements unless you're actually planning to make a lot of cookies. Yeah, for some reason, this year, I forgot that this recipe yields 14 1/2 DOZEN cookies. You totally read that right. Oh well, more cookies to go around!



Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups of vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup of molasses
  • 4 cups of all-purpose flour
  • 4 teaspoons of baking soda
  • 1 tablespoons of ground ginger
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
Directions:

1. In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and oil.


2. Beat in the eggs, then stir in the molasses.


3. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt..


4. Gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.


5.  Shape into 3/4-inch balls and roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes {all of mine baked perfectly at 10 minutes!}. Cool on wire racks. I eventually started putting 20 on a sheet at a time, which saved A LOT of time in the long run!


Annnnnnd, 131 cookies and a ginger-cookie-igloo later {Matt's creation there!}, here we go!

No comments: