Sunday, December 1, 2013

25 Days of Christmas: Day 1

Nope, I didn't forget what day it is--I've just been really busy & productive today so far, but I am DEFINITELY doing my 25 Days of Christmas again this year! It took me a while to figure out what this year's theme was going to be, but, I finally figured it out!  I STILL think I'm crazy for what I finally decided to do, but, today is Day 1, it has begun, so there is no turning back now!

This year, I decided that I'm going to 25 days of Christmas baking! That's right, I've been working on gathering and making 25 different recipes of cookies and treats to make for Christmas time--mostly as things that can be given as gifts to family and friends, or just for you to enjoy yourself!  Our families have already been enjoying some of the recipes I've started making so far ;)

The first recipe I'm going to share is called Brownie Crackles.  I think they more look like Brownie Cookies with "snow" sprinkled on them. They're very sweet {to me}, but very easy to make!

Ingredients:
  • 1 package of Fudge Brownie Mix
  • 1 cup of all purpose flour
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • 1/4 cup of canola oil
  • 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
  • confectioner's sugar  

Directions:

1.  In a large bowl, beat the brownie mix, flour, egg, water and oil until well blended. {This step should be just as the box directions are listed, with the exception of adding the flour into the mixture, as well.}


2. Stir in the chocolate chips.


3. Place confectioner's sugar in a shallow dish.  Drop dough by tablespoonfuls into sugar and roll to coat.  I found it easiest to do this step by using two spoons to form the dough and roll around into the sugar. It can get very messy!  Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. 


4. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.


Enjoy!!

No comments: