Saturday, December 21, 2013

25 Days of Christmas: Day 16

Have you seen all of those food recipes that are shared on Facebook all the time? Do you ever wonder if people actually try them?

Well, I do know that my mom tried one recipe she shared on Facebook like that, and here's my first attempt at trying a recipe that was shared on my timeline. These Kiss Pies looked way too simple for me to not try, and they were very easy to make! Although, I did have Matt's help rolling out the dough, because apparently, I'm horrible at it and crack and rip the dough every time!

Hope you'll like these if you give them a try!



Ingredients:
  • 1 refrigerated pie crust, thawed
  • Hershey Kisses {amount will vary}, and you can use whatever flavor you like best!
  • 1 egg white whisked with 1 Tbsp water
  • Powdered sugar for dusting {I actually didn't do this part}
Directions:

1. Roll out pie dough onto a lightly floured counter top.


2. Place kisses on the dough, and cut about a 2 1/2 inch circle around the kiss.


3. Brush egg white on the circle around the kiss.


4. Fold up both sides of the pie dough, and pinch together, making sure all seams have been connected. Then, brush with a little more egg wash, and sprinkle with granulated sugar, if you'd like {another step I chose not to do}.


5. Put on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20-28 minutes, until the little pies are golden. I believe ours baked for about 25 minutes.


You can dust with powdered sugar before eating them, but we left them just as they are!  Here they are straight out of the oven! They look so crispy and yummy!

No comments: